Miramar Beach is a coveted coastal destination with expansive gulf shore views, resort-style amenities, and gorgeous waterfront real estate. Many visitors are hit with a sense of nostalgia when visiting the town as it’s a popular destination for families and groups to vacation. Long-term residents are just as content with year-round access to vacation-like amenities and a relaxed atmosphere. When searching for Miramar Beach homes for sale, here’s everything you need to know about living in the area.
About Miramar Beach
Even though Miramar Beach has a nostalgic type of energy, the amenities are anything but outdated. Water recreation spans from day-long fishing charters to parasailing and jet skiing, while the community itself is full of upscale shopping and resorts. The downtown area Village of Baytowne Wharf is a whimsical mixture of family entertainment, shopping, dining, and venue for events like the farmers market and concert series.
Housing in Miramar Beach
Cost of living
Although the cost of living may be higher here than in other parts of the US, Miramar Beach makes up for it with a high median household income. The average resident makes $77,667 a year, which is among the highest across the state and country. An additional perk is that Florida residents don’t have to pay state income taxes. 70% of people in the area own their homes, while the remaining 30% rent out. Average rental rates are also higher in Miramar Beach, with a one-bedroom apartment costing $1,472 a month.
Schools in Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach amenities
The gulf coast
One of the most popular areas to access the spotlessly white sand shoreline is Miramar Beach Regional Access. This ADA-accessible location has generous parking and a wide shore offering plenty of space to lounge and play along the emerald coast. From the beach, visitors can book a yacht charter, rent out parasailing or jet ski equipment, or simply enjoy the sound of gently crashing waves. For a view of the whole coast, visitors can bike or drive down scenic beach roads.
Upscale shopping destinations like the Silver Sands Premium Outlets bring luxury brands and designers to Miramar Beach. Shoppers can look for fashion and accessories from all their favorite designers like Calvin Klein, Coach, Eddie Bauer, Saks off 5th, Tommy Hilfiger, and much more. Stop by Brooks Brothers Factory Store to explore their exclusive men’s and women’s clothing unavailable anywhere else. These outlets are perfect for shoppers looking for a bag to pair with a nighttime outfit or beach attire that can withstand all-day fun.
Other spots like Grand Boulevard offer shoppers national brands alongside local boutiques for retail showcasing the community’s aesthetic. Visit high-end stores like Anthropologie, Chicos, J. Jill, and Tommy Bahama. Grand Boulevard also has local spots like Ophelia, a boutique offering the latest in swimwear, clothing, accessories, and artisan bags.
Miramar Beach is home to countless resorts and clubs, all of which have their unique set of amenities and services. The Hidden Dunes Beach and Tennis Resort enjoys a private location tucked under sand dunes and oak trees for a quiet escape within its 27 acres. As its name suggests, one of its main amenities is its tennis center featuring five clay tennis courts and three clay pickleball courts.
Another popular resort near Miramar Beach real estate is the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. This destination offers visitors four different championship courses to play on for a total of 73 holes across diverse terrain. Tennis enthusiasts can reserve a time at one of their 12 world-class clay courts or three hard tennis courts, while waterfront dining doesn’t get much better than at their marina bar and grill.
Ready to live in Miramar Beach?
*Header photo courtesy of Darlene Kluck